The Faculty of Natural Sciences conducts a variety of study programmes including the Degree Programmes leading to B.Sc and B.Sc (Nursing), B. Pharm, B.MLS several Diploma/Certificate programmes such as Foundation Certificate in Science and Diploma in Nursing.
The Faculty functions under the leadership of the Dean who is the administrative and the academic Head. It also has a large number of experienced and qualified teaching staff to help the students in their studies. The six academic departments of the Faculty are: Botany, Chemistry, Mathematics & Computer Science, Physics, Zoology and Health Sciences.
To be innovative in teaching-learning and research demonstrating leadership in open and distance learning in the field of science, with a commitment to achieve nation goals.
- To develop a new generation of energetic and motivated personnel who will be successful in their academic,career and life-long learning goals.
- To offer quality programmes that are informed by national goals and demands for higher education and professional development of learners.
- To promote and support research, scholarship and enterprise activities.
- To support the community and the nation through collaborative partnerships and public service.
- To increase outreach of basic and applied sciences through a flexible system of open access.
A Visit to ‘Nature’s Secrets’ Factory
The Buckyball Society of the OUSL in collaboration with the HETC project team of the Faculty of Natural Sciences plans to visit the cosmetics manufacturer ‘Nature’s Secrets’ factory premises in Millewa, Horana on the 08th December 2015. This visit will be useful for students of all levels.
- Re-registration(R3456) Form - New Structure
- Re-registration(R3456) Form - Post Structure
- Undergraduate Handbook 2015/2016
- CAT Time Table - B.Sc. Degree Programme / 1st Semester
- Programme Guide Book 2015/2016
- Final Examination Timetable (Second Semester ) 2014/2015) B.Sc./B.Ed.(NS)/B.Sc.(Nursing)/B.I.S./ Stand Alone Courses
- B.Sc. Master Time Table 1st Semester 2015/2016
- CAT Timetable - BSc 2014/15 (2nd Semester)
- Important information on the PASS programme
- PASS Timetable 2nd semester 2014/2015
- Direction Words
- Application for Evaluation of Qualifications for Exemptions