Partnership is the key to successfully internationalisation at OUSL, enabling our students and staff to:
- identify and explore the interconnections between and across the diversity of places, peoples, societies, cultures, and systems in the world
- contextualise themselves in that world
- assess the relevance of that world to their current and future selves, and
- position themselves and their futures within that international context
Partnerships lead to the internationalisation of OUSL through the creation and integration of pedagogies, research cultures and engagement practices that:
- develop University staff, students and graduates as global citizens and learners
- prepare University graduates for successful participation in transnational labour markets and the global economy
- contribute to the achievement of international standards in research and teaching
- secure opportunities for University staff to develop as internationally relevant and respected researchers and teachers
- facilitate internationally significant research and other projects that advance the region
- facilitate the development of productive links between the regional community and international communities
- Academic – Universities and other educational institutes
- Industry – Corporations, Research Facilities, Chambers of Commerce, etc…
- Non-Government Organisations
Sign an Agreement to
- undertake student and academic exchange
- undertake ground breaking research
- offer joint degrees and programs of study
- undertake joint consultancies
- offer jointly developed training, short courses and continuing professional development programs
- offer workshops, conferences and seminars
- anything else that you can think of
Hire us to
- undertake research for you
- undertake professional consultancies and provide advisory services
- develop training, short courses and continuing professional development programs
- offer workshops, conferences and seminars tailored to your needs
Employ our graduates
Our graduates are all completing their courses with real world experience and knowledge. We can help you find your next employees among our graduates.
How we help
Employment Opportunity Registration Form
- Showcase your company at our annual careers fair. Please contact the International Academic Relations Division for further details.
Provide students with work placements
OUSL Work Ready Program
The OUSL Work Ready Program is a new initiative of OUSL, channelling our most motivated students into the best work placement opportunities. The program partners with leading organisations to combine professional work experience with classroom studies.
Students bring a fresh perspective, new skills and innovative approaches to your workplace, while giving you the chance to promote your organization and profile future graduates.
Guest lectures, conferences, seminars
OUSL World Programme
The OUSL World Program is a new initiative of OUSL dedicated to identifying the best minds both in Sri Lanka and internationally who are interested in becoming involved in the teaching and learning experience by becoming guest lecturers or through mentoring students. A minimum of 3 teaching sessions is required.
Become a mentor and help guide the development of an individual from student to work ready participant. From as little as one hour per week, you can actively shape the next generation of leaders.
The program is developed on the spirit of volunteerism.
If you have a project that would benefit from input by some of our brightest student minds, OUSL can help advance your ideas and intellectual capital by providing you with the research capabilities and students.
Continuing Professional Development, training, short courses
OUSL World Leaders Programme
The OUSL World Leaders Program is a new initiative of OUSL dedicated to identifying and engaging with leading public figures both in Sri Lanka and abroad that can contribute to the development of the Universities staff and students.
Participants are encourage to contribute through the delivery of one off lectures, the provision of industry insight through regular papers and contributions to OUSL magazines, engaging with Faculties, Departments, Centres and Institutes to provide your expertise, help organize conferences, workshops and seminars.
All proposed programs must aim to showcase the best of international experiences, attract international participants and include international presenters.
The program is developed on the spirit of volunteerism.
Sponsor scholarships, prizes and events
There are a number of ways that your business or organisation can make a difference to students and the university:
- Offer a scholarship or prize - provide benefits for students in need of financial support. You can name the scholarship after your organisation, yourself or a group of people
- Get involved with our research - help us discover real-world solutions by sponsoring equipment, project teams, commercialization of findings
- Engage with our community - support opportunities for the community to link with the university by sponsoring events, workshops, conference, training programs, etc…
To discuss any of the above, please contact the International Relations Unit using any of the details provided on the ‘Contact IRU’ page
Access to top multi-disciplinary students
Connect with the best and brightest future leaders from a variety of disciplines.
Promoting your organisation
- Organisations will have a presence on the OUSL website, other media and publications
- Organisations will be showcased at various events
- Organisations will become visible to OUSL students, staff and other partners
Giving something back by connecting with the next generation
Many partners want to share their experiences of the real world to pass on valuable lessons. Partnering with OUSL offers this opportunity.
Reconnect with the academic community
Draw on our extensive expertise and experience, and enjoy opportunities for networking with like-minded individuals.
Growing the local and global economy
Directly address local and global development by raising the capacity, and encouraging emerging enterprises, new industries and global leaders.
Fulfilling corporate responsibility
Establish holistic benefits by fostering and developing student growth within the community by providing meaningful support that will assist the creation of innovative, sustainable products and services that serve the needs of the community, society and the economy.
Becoming a Partner
Here at OUSL we are constantly looking to establish new partnerships and networks and welcome the opportunity to work with organisations that share our vision. If you wish to partner with OUSL, please contact the International Relations Division using the details provided on the ‘Contact IRD’ page.
We provide research solutions that are quality assured for industry, government, nonprofit and community sectors through consultancy and research.
Whether you have a short-term problem to solve, or are considering a long-term investment in research and development, we can work to develop a custom solution to suit your organisational needs. These approaches include:
- long- or short-term research and development projects
- facilities for testing new products and ideas
- opportunities to invest in the commercialisation of OUSL’s intellectual property
- research training to build your organisational research capability.
We build consultancy and research capability through:
- our academic research experts
- research higher degrees
- quality assurance and ethics
- pursuing the establishment of Centers of Research Excellence
To request the service please contact the International Academic Relations Division and we will put you in touch with the team from the Universities ‘Consultancy and External Resource Centre’
To explore our academic expertise please Click Here
At OUSL we cater to the professional development and further education of your employees giving your workforce a competitive edge. We can help you design and deliver flexible corporate education, postgraduate and professional development courses across a range of disciplines.
We can offer you:
- customised courses that use topics, cases studies and scenarios relevant to your industry
- dedicated academics who work with you to develop a program suitable to your educational requirements
- teaching staff recognised as industry professionals, who contribute their expertise from the real world
- flexible delivery either online, on-campus or at a site chosen by you
- courses that can be designed to give you credit towards our postgraduate masters, doctoral and diploma programs.
See our faculties for more information about customised education options.
OUSL Brighter Future Programme
The OUSL Brighter Future Program is a new initiative of OUSL dedicated to identifying and delivering a range of high impact, industry specific Continuing Professional Development (CPD), training and short courses. You can propose a program for OUSL to develop or you can work in partnership with OUSL to develop a program. Programs should aim to showcase the best in international understanding and practices.
For further details please contact the International Academic Relations Division using the details provided in the ‘Contact IRD ’ page.
At OUSL by offering a range of workshops, seminars and conferences, we aim to stimulate constructive discussion that leads to an exchange of ideas, experiences and skills, as well as providing a platform for networking and interaction.
If your organization is planning on holding a workshop, conference or seminar, why not contact us to discuss your ideas. You can request an expert from our extensive list of academics to present or work with us to develop your idea further.
See our faculties for more information about our expertise.
Search for an academic expert Search
For further details please contact the International Relations Division using the details provided in the ‘Contact IRD ’ page.
OUSL embraces a policy of "internationalisation" in its programs. As part of this policy, OUSL welcomes staff from overseas institution for one or two teaching periods in a Sri Lankan environment as a prestigious ‘Visiting Scholar’. To facilitate this, OUSL has reciprocal exchange agreements with universities around the world.
The title of ‘Visiting Scholar’ may be conferred on an academic visitor with whom it is desirable that a Faculty, Department, Institute or Centre within OUSL has a formal association on a short-term basis, without that person necessarily making a major contribution to the teaching, research, scholarship or creative work programs.
Visiting scholars are attached to and sponsored by a particular Faculty, Department, Centre or Institute and it is the responsibility of the relevant sections mentioned above to ensure all administrative and academic matters related to the visiting scholar are managed.
The Faculty, Department, Institute or Centre will act as the host to the visiting scholar during his/her tenure with OUSL. As a general rule a visiting scholar will have a background and / or current research directions compatible with members of the OUSL host’s teaching and research staff.
Applying for a visiting scholar position
It is the responsibility of the international academic visitors to initiate contact with an OUSL staff member who shares their research interests. The OUSL staff member will in turn support the application by providing the necessary application forms and guidance through the entire process.
To view a list of OUSL academics, please refer to the OUSL website or contact the relevant Faculty, Department, Centre or Institute.
The academic visitor may also initiate contact through OUSL’s International Academic Relations Division which will assist the academic visitor identify an appropriate member of OUSL staff.