A general MOU and an agreement was signed between The Open University of Sri Lanka (OUSL) and Mianz International College (MI College) on 2nd December 2016 to offer the OUSL short courses through MI College in the Maldives. Initially, the following courses have been identified by both parties to be offered at MI College for the Maldivian students who will be registered with the OUSL officially.
- Short Course on Teaching Children with Learning Disabilities
- Short Course on Research Methodology in Education
- Short Course in Financial Accounting (SCFA)
- Short Course in Marketing Management
- Short Course in Human Resource Management
This is the first initiative for the OUSL to offer such short courses overseas. This initiative will strengthen the OUSL to offer Foundation, Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in the future at the Maldives.
The Vice Chancellor, Registrar and the Director International Relations Unit of the OUSL participated in the MI College graduation ceremony held on 2nd December 2016 in the Maldives.