Welcome to the Department of Social Studies!
The Department of Social Studies is a multi-disciplinary academic division integrating the disciplines of Economics, Political Science, Sociology and Social Anthropology and Mass Communication. The Department has evolved with a distinct character and profile over the years, specialising in development studies while maintaining a strong foundation in the core disciplines.
The Department strongly believes that social science graduates with strong academic credentials, competencies and skills can contribute meaningfully to the country’s social and economic development and progress. Additionally, the department also believes social science graduates should learn to respect democratic values and cultural diversity while demonstrating a strong sense of civic responsibility and social responsiveness.
To facilitate the empowerment of people for the national development process and to pave the way for sustainable and equitable socio-economic, political and cultural development through high quality study programmes ranging from Certificate to Postgraduate levels.
At the end of the study programme graduates are expected to be
- Insightful and socially responsible
- Resceduled Time Table - Bachelor of Management Studies Final Examination -2017
- Rescheduleed Time Table - BA Degree in Social Science Final Examination
- BA Degree programme in social sciences level 03,04, & 05 Final examinations-2018 Time Table
- Certificate in Social Science/ Foundation Programme in Social Sciences Level I & II Final Examinations Timetable – 2017
- BA Degree Programme In Social Sciences Level 03,04 & 05 Final Examinations Timetable – 2017
- Rescheduled Timetable: BA Degree in Social Sciences 2015/2016 Levels 4 & 5 (Semester 2) Old Syllabus
- Rescheduled Timetable: BA Degree in Social Sciences 2015/2016 Levels 3, 4 & 5 (Semester 2) New Syllabus
- Rescheduled Timetable: Certificate in Social Sciences Level I & II