Civil Engineering is the major profession that is involved with the planning design and execution of development programmes aimed at enhancing the overall quality of life for the people at all levels of the society.
- Bridges, Roads and Highways
- Industrial Facilities
- Buildings and commercial Structures
- Railways, Harbours and Airports
- Water Treatment/Supply systems and Water/Wastewater disposal systems
- Coastal structures
- Marine Structures
- Hydro Power, Dams, Tunnels and Irrigation schemes
- Environmental improvement facilities
- Flood control and Ground Improvement structures
- Transportation & Conveyance Systems
It is also the responsibility of the Civil Engineer to ensure proper implementation and management of above
projects to derive the highest possible benefit to the society.