Computer aided design and drafting has many industrial applications. It can be used in various specialized applications in the fields of Architecture, Mechanical, Civil and Electrical engineering etc. On successful completion of the course, a Certificate in Computer Aided Drafting and Modeling with AutoCAD will be awarded by the Faculty of Engineering Technology of the Open University of Sri Lanka.
Certificate in Computer Aided Drafting and Modeling is a short course designed by the OUSL to serve various industries. The knowledge gained by this course can be applied for industries and specific requirements by students following various technology programmes or by individuals seeking a career in computer aided design and drafting. During the course, students learn the features, commands and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD. Using practical hands-on exercises, students explore how to create 2D production drawings in the best interactive learning environment under the guidance of a qualified lecturer. Students who complete this course will have sufficient knowledge to address the growing needs of the industry and successfully achieve an OUSL certification, which is recognized worldwide.
- Introduction to Computers & Windows
- Fundamentals of Computer Graphics & AutoCAD
- Creating a Simple 2D Drawing & Editing
- Advanced 2D Construction & Editing Techniques
- Creating Blocks & Inserting Images
- Tables & Dynamic Blocks
- Model Space & Paper Space
- Printing & Plotting Techniques
- Introduction to Computer Aided 3D Modeling
- Fundamentals of Wireframe
- Surface & Solid Modeling
- Creating Pre-defined Solid Models Primitives & Extruded Solid
- Advanced 3D Modeling & Editing Techniques
- Constructing a Composite Solid
- Basic and Photo-realistic Rendering
- Controlling Lights
- Creating Scenes & Applying Materials
- Printing and Plotting Techniques
- Evaluation: 08 Assignments & a Final Project.