The Faculty of Engineering Technology calls applications for the Bachelor of Technology Honours in Engineering, Bachelor of Industrial Studies Honours, Bachelor of Software Engineering Honours degree programmes and Postgraduate Degree programmes for the academic year 2016/2017. These programmes are designed to contribute towards enhancing educational standards of the general public by providing opportunities for higher education.
These programmes are designed to:
- enable those already employed in the field, and those who have missed the opportunity to pursue higher education at the end of their secondary school career to obtain a degree
- enable interested persons to pursue a degree course in their own time at an affordable cost
These programmes are conducted through the Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode of delivery. This way of learning is different from the conventional study system. Student learning is facilitated through carefully prepared printed course material intended for self-learning. Printed course materials are supplemented with audio, visual and online learning material.
Although the minimum duration of the degree programmes is four years, the duration depends on the number of courses registered for by a student. The Faculty grants exemptions for those who have post-secondary qualifications such as diplomas, and they can enrol in the degree programmes at higher levels.
Those who are registered for undergraduate degree programmes may also be awarded the higher diploma as an interim qualification after the completion of two levels of study and the opportunity to proceed with the degree.
Students can separately apply for the Diploma in Information Systems and Technology.
- Bachelor of Technology Honours in Engineering (areas of specialisation: Civil, Electrical, Electronic and Communication, Computer, Mechanical, Mechatronics and Textile Technology); three passes in GCE (A/L) physical science stream or equivalent.
- Bachelor of Industrial Studies Honours (areas of specialisation: Apparel Production, Textile Manufacture and Fashion Design); three passes in GCE (A/L) in any stream.
- Bachelor of Industrial Studies Honours in Agriculture; a pass in Biology in GCE (A/L) and two passes from among the subjects: Chemistry, Physics, Combined Mathematics, and Agriculture.
- Bachelor of Software Engineering: three passes in GCE (A/L) examination plus acceptable post-secondary qualification of minimum one-year (full-time) duration.
The Faculty currently offers Postgraduate Diploma in Technology (PGDipTech) and Master of Technology (MTech) qualifications in two different areas, namely, Apparel Production and Management; and Construction Management.Download Student Guide Book