Bachelor of Industrial Studies - Textile Manufacture program is designed to provide an opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge in the area of production of textile materials such as fibres, yarns and fabrics. Finishing process of fabrics, quality control and some managerial aspects will also be taught under this program.
Objectives of the program
- The employees in the Textile and allied industry lacking of thorough knowledge about the production of textile materials and middle level management skills will be able to gain the sound knowledge on above areas. The program also enhances their carrier prospects with the improvement of the management skills to maintain quality and productivity.
- This program also provides an opportunity to the undergraduate who seeks employments in the area of textile industry, to enter to the job market.
- Another important aspect of the program is to provide an opportunity to develop carrier prospects in textile and allied industry as managers with in-depth managerial and technical knowledge.
Program duration: Minimum 4 years for applicants entering with GCE (A/L) qualification, however depending on your available time and capabilities, it is possible to spread over a longer duration. Applicants entering with higher qualification such as two year diploma acceptable to the University or NDT in the relevant field are able to finish within minimum of two years period.
Teaching mode: Distance mode, limited lecture hours with face to face teaching and laboratory session, more printed course materials and on line teaching.
Language of study: English
Contents of the program
- Basic raw materials such as textile fibres, yarns, woven and knitted, textile finishing and their properties, characteristics as well as manufacturing processes.
- Woven fabric design such as plain, twill, satin, variations and Jacquard designs including their physical properties and also the knitted fabrics manufacture and their structural properties.
- Testing of raw materials and analysis for maintaining quality of the textile products
- Introduction to garment manufacturing process starting from pattern construction, cutting, sewing, pressing and various finishing treatments.
- Management studies and the statistics
- Practical work and the industrial training in textile industry are also compulsory part in the program, which provide an idea about the nature of job and the environment.
Apart from the above subject areas you will also learn,
- Speciality fabrics
- Plant utilities
Final year project provides an opportunity to investigate the problems related to the material, manufacturing, and quality of the products by collecting information and finding solutions with scientific approach.
In this program you will also improve your data analysing capability and communication skills by doing oral and written presentations about the project.