This short course is mainly designed to provide an in-depth knowledge to those who are teaching ICT at G.C.E. (O/L) and G.C.E. (A/L).
- The basic concepts of ICT
- Computer Architecture
- Representing Computer Data, use of Logic Gates to design Basic Digital Circuits and Devices
- Operating Systems
- Computer Applications
- Using Programming Languages to solve problems (Software Development)
- Data Communication & Computer Network Technologies
- Designing and developing Database systems
- Web Technologies
- Multimedia Technologies
- The role of ICT in the world of business
- New trends and future directions of ICT
Achievement gained through this short course will be assessed by two Assessment Tests (practical and written) to be held at the end of the course.The pass mark of the practical test is 60% and the written test is 40%.
Classes/Practicals will be held on Sundays from 8.30a.m to 4.30pm
- Ample computer laboratory facilities with sufficient hands-on practical hours
- Lectures/ practical classes will be conducted by a qualified panel of university staff
At the end of the course, the performance level of a teacher is assessed by taking 60% from the marks obtained for the practical test and 40% from the marks obtained for the written test. A student must obtain an average (Overall Mark) of 50% in order to be eligible for the Certificate of Proficiency.
Download Application Download Brochure