Dr. Dinali Devendra
- PhD (Ulster, UK)
- M.A (Colombo) in Applied Linguistics
- BA (Hons) Sydney
To offer a range of innovative programmes for the teaching of languages and literature in the DE mode which are relevant to contemporary needs
Professional Membership / Affiliation
Teaching literature in ESL/ ESL Context, Teacher Reading, Issues in Distance Education.
- Raheem, R. & Devendra, D. (2007), "Changing times, changing attitudes: History of English education in Sri Lanka" in English education in Asia: History and policies, eds Y.H Choi and B. Spolsky, Asia TEFL, pp. 181-203.
- Devendra, D & Medawattegedara, V. (2004) Teaching Literature in non native contexts: Some issues related to interpretation. Paper presented at the 3rd International SLELTA Conference, Colombo.
- Medawattegedara, V. & Devendra D.( 2002) “ Which English to teach ? A study of teacher’s attitudes towards Sri Lankan English “ Paper published in the conference proceedings of the 2nd International SLELTA conference
- Devendra, D. & Medawattegedara V. ( 2002) ‘Students’ perception & reaction to feedback on CA assignments” Paper presented at the 2nd Annual Academic sessions of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences
- Devendra, D. ( 2001) “Text difficulty & its effect on the comprehension of Referential ties” Paper published in VISTAS, Vol 1, Journal of the Faculty of Humanities & Social Sciences, OUSL