Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers foundation courses at level 1 and level 2 in the discipline of Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics. This is a marvelous opportunity for any person who wishes to obtain a degree (specially in Mathematics stream)/ diploma/ Advanced Certificate Programmes but lack of the pre-requisite of a minimum of three G.C.E (Advanced Level) passes or equivalent qualifications for direct registration for the OUSL programme such as Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Nursing, Advanced Certificate in Laboratory Technology, Bachelor of Law, Bachelor of Arts, Diploma in Technology and Diploma in Management. Registration process starts around month of February of every year.
B.Sc. Degree Prgramme
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science offers courses to the B.Sc degree programme at level 3, level 4 and level 5 in the discipline of Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics and Computer Science. Additionally department offers a set of open elective courses for the B.Sc. degree programme.
You will be eligible to register for the discipline of Pure Mathematics or Applied Mathematics or both disciplines by obtaining
- Minimum of 03 passes in any number of sittings at the G.C.E. (A/L) examination including Combined Mathematics or Higher Mathematics or Applied Mathematics and Pure Mathematics (Agriculture is not considered as a pass)
- Minimum of 54 credits in approved science discipline including Pure Mathematics or Applied Mathematics or both at the foundation level 1 and level 2
- Any other equivalent qualification as
* Trained Teacher’s Certificate in Mathematics
* NDT/JT/IESL Part 1
You will be eligible to register for the Computer Science discipline by obtaining
- Minimum of 03 passes in any number of sittings at the G.C.E. (A/L) examination in approved science subjects (Agriculture is not considered as a pass)
Minimum of 54 credits in approved science disciplines at the foundation level 1 and level 2 offered by any department
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science is offering two certificate programs o meet the demand of professional skills in computer applications and networking. Certificate programme in Professional computer applications and Network and security are intended for school leavers and office workers who requires knowledge in using computers, Microsoft office software applications, Desktop publishing, web applications and computer networking and security.
DMCS welcomes you towards possible course units and programmes of study.