Certificate Programme in Applied Electronics -2013 Time Table
- To update the knowledge of the persons engage in electronic industry.
- To qualify the persons who work only with their experience.
- To qualify persons who want to build their carrier in electronics.
The programme consists of the following courses
- PSC 1266-Analogue Electronics
- PSC 1267-Digital Electronics
- PSC 1168-Basic mathematics for Electronics
- PSC 1224-Electronic laboratory Practical
- Electronic technicians in state and private sector.
- Self employed electronic technicians.
- Interested personnel seeking employment in electronic industry.
Pass in science, mathematics and English in G.C.E (O/L) examination or equivalent qualifications.
Total duration of the programme will be 06 months which includes 39 lecture hours and 60 practical hours, which will be conducted on week ends.
Medium of instruction
Lectures will be conducted bilingually while printed course materials will be only in English medium.
All the activities will be conducted only in Colombo Regional Center.
Achievements gained through this programme will be assessed by continuous assessment tests (CAT) and final examinations which may contain both practical and written tests. A minimum mark of 40% is required for all the courses to get through the programme.
The course fee for the programme is Rs. 20,000 which can be paid in two installments of Rs. 10,000.
Payments have to be made to the Open University of Sri Lanka by depositing the course fee in the bank account of the OUSL in Peoples Bank at any branch.
Applications can be obtained from Colombo, Kandy, Matara, Anuradhapura, Batticaloa and Jaffna Regional Centers of the Open University of Sri Lanka by cash payment of Rs. 350/=.
For further details
Contact the Head of the Department of Physics or the Coordinator of the Programme.
Department of Physics
The Open University of Sri Lanka
The Head/ Department of Physics -0112881088
Coordinator of the Programme -0112881367
Office/ department of Physics -0112881242
Applied Earth Sciences
The duration of the proposed certificate programme in Applied Earth Science is one academic year (minimum) and the academic standard is equivalent to the Level 2 of the Foundation courses in Science. It is 18 credits programme which consists of 450 study hours and planed to start in 2010/11. This programme provides a firm foundation on which to build further studies in the subject, and also provides a solid framework of concepts in applied earth sciences.