|A national test similar to the “IELTS”|
|certificate issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and University Grants Commission.|
- UTEL is locally designed and internationally moderated by University of Reading, United Kingdom
- General English Skills are tested.
- Students who obtain above UTEL band 5 from reading and listening will sit for the speaking and writing tests.
- Assessment will consists of 9 bands for each language skill (Speaking, Writing, Listening and Reading).
- Student can upgrade his/her results in following year.
Format of the test
- Reading and Listening - online tests, 60 min
- Speaking and Writing - paper based tests (only for students who have obtained above band 5 in the reading and listening test) 60 min and 15 min
- Candidates will receive scores on a band scale from 1 to 9. A profile score is reported for each language skill.
- The four individual scores are averaged and rounded to produce an overall band score.
- Computer generated results for reading and listening tests.
- There is no pass or fail in UTEL
The students who obtain above band 5 will receive a certificate issued by the Ministry of Higher Education and University Grants Commission.
Mock test (Virtual test):
Location : Department of Mathematics & Computer Science
Dates : February 06th, 08th, 10th, 11th
Time : 9.30am-12.30pm, 1.00pm-04.00pm
Online test(Actual test):
Location : The Open University of Sri Lanka - Nawala
Dates : February 14th,15th,18th,19th,20th,21st,22nd
Duration : 1 Hours
|Closing date: 21st January 2013|
|Download Application Form||
The Open University of Sri Lanka
Contact for further details: (011)2 88 10 56