- When will registering of New students happen (those who could not register in March) ?
- Last 2 weeks of August 2020
- Students will be called by Regional Center Offices on 18th, 19th, 20th of August 2020
- Academic counselling will be done on 22, 2020(where necessary)
- When does the Programmes commence?
Activities will commence from 26th December 2020
- Is there a possibility to change the courses I have registered on a later date?
- You can add or drop courses during the Add/Drop period, i.e. Jan 7, 2021 – Jan 9, 2021
- You can drop coursesafter Add/Drop till Feb 6, 2021 without being marked as repeat. However, course fees will not be refunded.
- What are the registration dates for re-registering students ?
Dec 11, 2020- Dec 22, 2020
- How many subjects (courses) can be taken in an academic year?
- Minimum-08 Credits
- Maximum-38 Credits
Number of courses depend on the credit rating of each course.
- What is the course fee?
For BTechHons (Eng) and BISHons programmes,
Rs 1350 per credit at Levels 3-4
Rs 2100 per credit at Levels 5,6,7
Rs 2800 per credit for courses in Diploma in Information Systems and Technology (DIST)
Rs 3000 per credit for courses in BSEHons
- What if I don’t have 3 A/L passes?
- You can enrol in the Advance Certificate in Science (former Foundation Programme for Science) and complete the coursesthat are equivalentto the subjects in A/L
- If you have any qualifications other than A/L you have to apply for exemptions for entry. Equivalent credits and subject matter to cover subjects at A/L will be assessed on individual basis.
- Requests should be handed over to Dean’s office before the stipulated deadline
- When do you conduct classes?
- Dates will be given in the Activity diary.
- Most of the day schools are scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Few courses from each department will start from September 2020 for new students.
- Officially, other courses will commencein thelast week of December 2020 after Final exam results are given for the current students.
- What is the Prgramme duration
- BTechHons(Eng) – Minimum Duration will be 05 academic years.
- BISHons – Minimum Duration will be 04 academic years.
- BSEHons – Minimum Duration will be 04 academic years.
- How can I get exemptions for prior qualifications?
Application form can be downloaded from faculty web page. Also given in pages 74-78 of the Student Guidebook 2020/2021
- BTechHons(Eng) –In Student Guidebook 2020/2021, pg. 34-41
- BISHons – In Student Guidebook, 2020/2021, pg. 55-58
- BSEHons- In Student Guidebook 2020/2021, pg. 65-66
- About lectures – TheFaculty does not conduct lectures. Conducted face-to-face sessions are called Day schools
* Where do you conduct Day schools ?
- Some of the Level 03 courses at all Regional Centers
- All other courses at Colombo Regional Centre(CRC)
* What are the lecture hours?
From 8.00 am – 5.30pm,
* How do you conduct classes?
Dayschools are usually face to face teaching sessions and Lab classes are practical oriented sessions.
- What is the medium of instruction?
Medium of instruction for Diploma and Degree programmes in the faculty is English.
- Are there any lab practical sessions?
- Refer the Activity Diary for Lab classes.
- How can I book Practicals?
At the time of registration lab groups are given to students.
- How can I select subjects in disciplinary way?
Refer Student Guide book pages given below. But if You have any doubts you can contact any academic staff member and get the advice with a prior appointment.
BTech program-pg 35-43
BIS program-pg 65-71
BSE program-pg 88-89
- What are the entry requirements?
Please refer the relevant pages of the Student Guidebook 2020/2021.
- BTechHons(Eng) – In Student Guidebook 2020/2021, pg. 12
- BISHons – In Student Guidebook, 2020/2021, pg. 44
- BSEHons – In Student Guidebook 2020/2021, pg. 60
- DIST – – In Student Guidebook 2020/2021, pg. 68